Information we collect from youWe will collect information about you when you:
- Buy or return things in branch
- Use our click and collect or delivery services
- Shop online (either as a guest or using your account)
- Enter a competition
- Sign up for news and offers
- Contact us with a query
How do we use the information we collect about you?
We may use the information provided by you in a variety of ways, including:
- To answer your questions or provide you with information you have requested
- To process your order or manage your account
- To help with any questions if you have started an order but not completed it
- To provide a more personalised online experience by showing you the most relevant products and offers
- To keep track of sales and enquiries
- To monitor how our customers transact with us in branch and online, for example by checking who has redeemed vouchers or bought items using our mobile app, website or other facility (for more information see Understanding Our Customers below)
- To contact you for your views on our products and services
- To keep you informed about the products and services that we offer
- For market research purposes, by tracking activity on our site or in branch (on an anonymous basis) to identify trends and/or to improve usefulness and content
- To notify you about important changes or developments to our site or services
- To make recommendations on which products you may find useful based on your transactional history or the behaviour of our other customers who shop in a similar way to you
- To identify your location of in order to inform you of any of our Products (and/or delivery services) that are available in your area.
- To notify you of the progress of your order
Understanding Our Customers
So that we can provide a better service, we want to understand the shopping patterns of our customers, how customers select the products and services they ultimately buy, which apps and technology customers prefer to use, and how successful our advertising and promotional campaigns have been. We may use a number of different techniques to do this:
- We never see or store your payment card details. We do use a unique encrypted token that can tell the same payment card is used in different places (in branch, online or on the Built app). This helps us build a complete picture of all the things people buy from Built. We will not directly store your card details on our servers. We work with a payment gateway provider using a solution known as a hosted payment page which means that your card details are never directly captured or held by www.built.co.uk.
- We monitor which customers redeem vouchers using a code that makes the offer personal to you
- When you order Products in branch to be delivered, we will ask for your marketing choices as we would like to send you information about other products and services that may be of interest.
- We will link your in-branch order details with your online account information and your shopping patterns on our website and mobile app so we have a complete picture of all the things you buy from Built.
- We may monitor other websites you visit and the Products and services you look for using search engines in order to provide you with information about Products and services from Built which are most relevant to you
Disclosing your data
Built is part of the Travis Perkins Group. We never make your personal details available to companies outside of the Travis Perkins Group for their own marketing purposes.
However, we may use other companies to provide services to you on our behalf. These services may include but are not limited to answering your questions about products or services, sending postal mail, texts and emails and analysing data. We will only provide those companies with the information they need to deliver the service we have engaged them for and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
We may have to disclose your information by law or because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has asked us for it. In the event that a majority of our shares are bought by another company or we transfer a substantial amount of our assets to another company, we may disclose your personal information to that purchaser.
How is your information protected
We take protection of your information seriously and have appropriate physical and technological security measures in place to keep it safe. For further details please see our Security Online section. Internally, we restrict access to personal information. Only employees who need the information in order to do their jobs have access to it. Your information will be stored in Europe and will not be transferred to any other country.
This website is operated by Built. You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of it, please email us. A small fee may be payable.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, if you think any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible so we can update our records. If you have set up an account you can always update your details in the account settings.