BUILT/ TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Making a Purchase
All prices are listed both exclusive and inclusive of VAT, where appropriate. All prices are subject to change without prior notice. Please check prices carefully before placing your order. Delivery charges are determined on a case by case basis. We will calculate the delivery charge applicable to your order and confirm this to you before you place your order. On rare occasions we may list an incorrect price for a Product. Where the Product’s correct price is less than our listed price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you and/or when you collect the Product from us. If a Product’s correct price is higher than our listed price, we are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you an order confirmation e-mail. We will at our discretion either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product and/or before you collect the Product, or reject your order and notify you of this.
On request, we will provide information about any manufacturer’s guarantee or any guarantee offered by us in respect of the Products, but we are not legally responsible for any obligation under manufacturer’s guarantees. The guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
Placing Your Order
Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each stage of the order process. We do not knowingly sell to children and orders may only be placed by persons aged 18 or over. Please ensure you provide your mobile telephone number and email address when you place your order. You must fully accept these Terms before your order can be placed. When you place your order this represents an offer to purchase Products from us. We will send an email to confirm that we have received your order. However, this order confirmation email does not mean that we have accepted your order. You are responsible for providing a valid email address to us (before placing an order to purchase Products from us) in order to receive order confirmations from us. If you believe you are not receiving transactional emails from us in relation to your order then you should check the folder your junk email is sent to within the email account which you used to place the order. If you are unable to locate such emails after checking your junk email folder then please contact us for assistance.
How to pay
We may accept payment for Products by way of the following methods (at our discretion):Payment by card:
Except for orders for Products where we allow cash payment from you on our premises (see below), you can only pay for Products by debit or credit card. We accept Visa debit and credit cards, Mastercard credit cards and American Express credit cards only. Payment for Products paid for by you using debit card and/or credit card (including delivery charges) will be debited from your payment card account at the time the order is placed (unless you have a credit account with us - see below).Payment by cash:
Payment for Products paid for by you using cash can only be paid for whilst on our premises using one of our automated cash kiosks. In respect of payments for Products paid for by you using cash, our staff will not personally handle this cash, and you are solely responsible for inserting the required amount of cash for the Product (or, if you are collecting your order from us in more than one instalment, the required amount of cash for the instalment of your order that you are collecting from us at that time) into the automated cash kiosk on our premises. Payment for Products paid for by you using cash shall be taken by us (i) at the time you collect the Products from us if the order was placed by you whilst you were not on our premises, or (ii) at the time you placed the order if the order was placed by you whilst on our premises, unless you have a credit account with us (see below).Credit account payments:
If you have a credit account with us, the applicable price will be charged to your credit account and payment for Products using credit card, debit card, direct debit, or cash (as permitted above) shall be due to us from you in accordance with the payment terms specified within your credit account details (such details are available to you upon request).All payments:
In any event, payment does not mean that your order has been accepted and, if for any reason, your order is not accepted or we are unable to supply the Products you have ordered a full refund will be issued.
Your Contract with us and situations where we may have to reject your orderNon-credit account customers:
Unless we reject your order (see below) or you have a credit account with us (see below), and subject to receipt by us from you of payment in full for all Products and any related delivery charges, your order will be accepted automatically when (i) we deliver the Products to you or (ii) when you collect the Products from us. The Contract between us is formed at this time. If your order is dispatched in more than one delivery or collected by you from us in more than one collection, each delivery/collection will conclude a separate contract of sale between you and us for the Product(s) delivered to you or collected by you under that delivery/collection. Without affecting any Consumer Cancellation Right (see below), you can cancel your order for a Product at no cost any time before we dispatch that Product or before you collect that Product. However, if a Product is cut or made specifically to your measurements or personalised for you in some other way, this right to cancel does not apply. We reserve the right to tell you that we reject your order for any reason before acceptance has occurred. In particular, your order is subject to our stock availability. If we are unable to supply any Products that you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible. In the event that an out-of- stock Product is part of an order and we cannot contact you, we will accept your order for the Products we have in stock, refunding the purchase price of any unavailable Product where payment has already been made.Credit account customers:
Unless we reject your order (see below) and provided that you have a credit account with us (and provided that, at the time of placing your order you have a sufficient amount of available (unused) credit within your credit account with us to pay, in full, for the value of your order), your order will be accepted automatically when (i) we deliver the Products to you or (ii) when you collect the Products from us. The Contract between us is formed at that time. If your order is dispatched in more than one delivery or collected by you from us in more than one collection, each delivery/collection will conclude a separate contract of sale between you and us for the Product(s) delivered to you or collected by you under that delivery/collection. Without affecting any Consumer Cancellation Right (see below), you can cancel your order for a Product at no cost any time before we dispatch that Product or before you collect that Product. However, if a Product is cut or made specifically to your measurements or personalised for you in some other way, this right to cancel does not apply.
Delivery and Collection
In our confirmation of your order we will specify whether the Products will be delivered by us or collected from our branch by you.
DeliveryBUILT/ Delivery: Where we deliver, when we deliver, and what we charge
We only deliver to specific locations in the West Midlands. Unfortunately, we do not deliver to addresses outside the UK. If you are based outside of the UK, you should make your own arrangements to have the order delivered to an eligible UK address, collected from the Branch or arrange for delivery to be made outside of the UK. To check if we will deliver to your address please provide us with your postcode when prompted to do so during the course of placing your order with us. All orders will be delivered to a single address. For security reasons your first order using a credit/debit card for the first time will need to be delivered to the cardholder's address. Subsequent orders can then be made to an alternative address.
Please see our Delivery Page for all detailsTimescale for delivery
At the time of placing your order, you are required to select a delivery date and time from the options presented to you on our website, on our app, by a member of our staff at our premises (or over the telephone), or by any other method. When you place an order for delivery you will be given an estimated time of delivery based on our understanding of where you are. We will try our best to meet the delivery estimates we give you and we will, where possible, update you with notifications of progress on the day of delivery as well as give you the ability to track the progress of the delivery from your online account (provided you have an online account with us). However, we shall not be responsible for any failure to deliver ordered Products within these stated time frames so long as we deliver your Products within 30 days of when we receive payment from you (or within any longer period we have expressly agreed with you). We will let you know if we cannot deliver your products within this timescale, and give you the opportunity to either wait for the Products or cancel your Contract. If you choose to cancel we will give you a full refund. We strongly recommend that you do not book fitters or tradesmen until your order has actually been delivered and checked by you. We cannot be held responsible for any charges incurred with fitters or tradesmen due to non-delivery of an order or because you have not checked your delivery before booking their services.Number of deliveries
We will always try to make one single delivery to you wherever possible to minimise any inconvenience - where we do this and your order contains a mix of Products with different delivery lead times, the longest lead time will apply to the whole order. However, making a single delivery may not always be possible.Receipt of deliveries
All deliveries must be received and signed for by a person over the age of 18. If no-one is available to take the delivery, we will contact you to arrange another delivery time and date that is suitable. We may need to make an additional handling charge for redelivery. Should no-one be available to take the redelivery we may cancel the order and refund your money, excluding any delivery charge. When delivering Product(s) to the delivery address specified in your order, we reserve the right to (i) ask to see photo ID such as a valid photo card driver’s licence or passport (and take a photo of and/or record of this ID) before the Products are released by us at the delivery address set out in your order, and/or (ii) take photos of the location where we deliver the Products to. Please note that Products will not be released to non-approved persons.
This section is applicable where we agree that you are to collect the Products from us.
Collection orders can be made on (i) our website, (ii) via any remote device, (iii) via any of our branches, (iv) via telephone (by calling 0121 468 0031, during the opening hours (which shall be at our sole discretion) of the Built branch that we select to make the order (or any part of the order) available for collection. If you place an order with us for collection via telephone your call will be charged at the same rate as calling a landline, call rates from mobile providers will vary.
At the time you place an order with us for collection, please select a collection date and time from the options presented to you on our website, on our app, by a member of our staff at our premises (or over the telephone), or by any other method. Once you have selected this date and time for collection we will send an email to you to confirm the date and time that your order is available for collection (unless you place your order whilst on our premises for same day collection (see below)).
Subject to stock availability, we will aim to ensure that collection orders are available for collection from our nominated branch by the estimated date and time for collection selected by you (and accepted by us) at the time of ordering (in accordance with these Terms) but shall not be responsible for any failure to make the ordered Products available for collection within these stated time frames so long as we make the Products available for collection within 30 days of when we receive payment from you (or within any longer period we have expressly agreed with you). We will let you know if we cannot make your Products available for collection within this timescale, and give you the opportunity to either wait for the Products to be made available for collection or cancel your Contract. If you choose to cancel we will give you a full refund.
We strongly recommend that you do not book fitters or tradesmen until your order has actually been collected and checked by you. We cannot be held responsible for any charges incurred with fitters or tradesmen due to Products not being made available for collection within the estimated timeframes for an order or because you have not checked your order before booking their services.
If you have chosen to collect items from more than one branch then each branch will contact you separately to inform you that your item(s) are ready for collection.
If you place an order with us for collection whilst on our premises for same day collection (and we confirm that we are able to fulfil such same day collection) then (i) we will display the estimated time for collection on a screen within the Built branch where the order was placed and we will display the bay (within the Built branch where the order was placed) from which you should collect your order from, and (ii) subject to us receiving payment for the Products in full from you in accordance with these Terms, you will have to wait for an available member of our staff at the relevant premises to locate and process your order before you can remove it from our premises.
Orders for collection should be collected by you at the time and date for collection selected by you (and accepted by us) at the time of ordering (in accordance with these Terms). If you do not collect your order within this timeframe you will be contacted to arrange an alternative collection slot. Following this, if we have not received any response from you to rearrange collection of your order we will hold your order for an additional 24 hours from when your original selected collection date and time expired. If you do not contact us within this 24 hour period to rearrange collection of your order, we will cancel your order. We reserve the right to automatically cancel and refund any orders not collected within 24 hours of the time and date for collection selected by you (and accepted by us) at the time of ordering (in accordance with these Terms).
When collecting your order please ensure that you have your customer QR code present (either printed or on your phone), together with the payment card used to make the purchase or cash receipt for the purchase, as Built reserve the right to see this card or the cash receipt before releasing the Products. If third parties are collecting Products on your behalf they must have the customer QR code, and Built reserve the right to ask to see photo ID, such as a valid photo card driver’s licence or passport which will be photocopied by the branch, before the Products are released. Please note that Products will not be released to non-approved collection or courier companies.
In accordance with the rest of these Terms, you can return any Product (excluding made to measure Products or bespoke Products) which you do not require to the branch for a refund, provided we are advised of the proposed return within 30 days of the Product being collected by you.
Faulty Products and Products delivered damagedYour rights
In the unlikely event that a Product is faulty or not as described or is delivered damaged your rights are set out in our Group Sale Terms. If you are a consumer you may have additional legal rights and nothing in these Terms (including our Group Sales Terms) affects these rights.Please contact us to resolve the issue
To discuss any issue please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 0121 468 0031, with your order number and the details of Product affected. Any refunds will be made to the card/account used to purchase the Product.
Statutory right to cancel if you are a consumer Consumer Cancellation Right
If you are ordering Products from us as a consumer rather than in the course of a business, you have a statutory right to cancel any online or telephone order (excluding (i) orders which you placed with us whilst on our premises, and (ii) orders for bespoke or made to measure Products) and receive a full refund (including standard delivery charges) (Consumer Cancellation Right). Your Consumer Cancellation Right applies in addition to any other rights under these Terms.How to exercise your Consumer Cancellation Right:
You must exercise your Consumer Cancellation Right by contacting us, which you can do by using the online form on our website or e-mailing email@example.com (including your order number, postcode and telephone number in your email) at any time before the Product is delivered or collected by you (depending on which method applies) or within 14 days starting on the day after delivery or collection (or, if we are unable to fulfil your order with a single delivery/collection, the day after we deliver the last instalment or the day after you collect the last instalment). No Consumer Cancellation Right applies if your cancellation notice is received outside of this timeframe. Please note that if you exercise your Consumer Cancellation Right after the Product has been delivered or collected, you will be responsible for returning the Product to us at your cost and within 14 days of the cancellation of your order.
How to return Products that have already been delivered or collected when you exercise your Consumer Cancellation Right over those Products
You can return any Product to your nearest Built branch with proof of purchase. Alternatively, to arrange for the Product to be collected, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 0121 468 0031, with your order number and the details of Product to be returned. We will arrange for the collection of the Product by our nominated carrier. Please note that there will be a charge payable by you for this service which will be confirmed at the time your collection is arranged.Your refund when you exercise your Consumer Cancellation Right
Funds will be paid to the payment card account used to place the order (or in cash if you paid for the order using cash) and will be made as soon as possible and no later than 14 days after our receipt of the returned Products. We are permitted to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the Products which are due to the manner in which you have handled them.Other cancellations/returns at our discretion
Please note that unless you have a Consumer Cancellation Right or faulty/defective product any cancellations/returns and refunds are at our discretion - please call 0121 468 0031 or email email@example.com with your order number, postcode and contact telephone number. If we do accept a return of the Product it must be returned in its original condition within 30 days of the date it was delivered to you or collected by you. You will be responsible for returning the Product to us at your cost and a restocking charge may be deducted from the amount to be refunded to you.
General Refund PrinciplesSubject to your statutory rights if you purchase from us as a consumer and subject to the other provisions in these Terms applicable to refunds:
- If you paid for a Product using your credit account with us, then any refund to you for that Product shall be refunded into your credit account with us (and such refund can only be used by you for further purchases from us).
- If you paid for a Product whilst on our premises via debit or credit card, we will require you to be present at our premises with the original card used for the payment in order to obtain a refund for such Product.
- We will not issue you with a cash refund for a Product if another payment type was used by you when you paid for the Product.
- If you paid for a Product whilst not on our premises and using a registered Built customer account, we do not require you to be present at our premises in order to receive a refund for such Product.
- Before we issue any refund to you for a Product which you have paid for, we will require you to provide us with proof of purchase.
Other important terms
Should any part of these Terms be found to be invalid or unenforceable, it will, to the extent it is invalid or unenforceable, be treated as if it has been severed from these Terms and the remaining parts of the Terms will continue in full force and effect.
We reserve the right to make changes to these Terms in the future. Any changes will be posted to our website and will take effect immediately. You should, therefore, read the Terms each time you access our website.
These Terms and any Contracts shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 0121 468 0031. We will try to resolve any issues that you have as quickly as possible. If you are a consumer who purchased online and you remain unhappy with our final response, you may access the European Commission's Online Dispute Resolution Portal available at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/
(Last Updated July 2017)
BUILT/ REFER A FRIEND – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These terms (‘Referral Terms’) outline the terms and conditions which apply to the BUILT/ Refer a Friend Programme (‘Programme’). By taking part in the BUILT/ Programme, you accept and agree to abide by these Referral Terms.
- The ‘Referrer’ describes the existing customer who is sharing their original BUILT/ Programme code.
- The ‘Referee’ describes the new customer who has received a Programme code from their friend.
- The BUILT/ Programme is only available to UK residents aged 18 or over (including both Referrer and Referee).
QUALIFYING FOR THE PROGRAMME
- To qualify as a Referrer in the Programme, you must be a registered BUILT/ account holder chosen by BUILT/ to take part in the Programme and have successfully completed an order previously. BUILT/ will email you a unique referral code if you meet these criteria.
- To qualify as a Referee in the BUILT/ Programme, you must: Be a new customer to BUILT/ (i.e. have not previously signed up for a BUILT/ account or transacted online or in branch); Create a BUILT/ account and enter a valid referral code during the checkout process.
- For the Referrer to qualify for the £25 (inc. VAT) BUILT/ voucher, and the Referee to qualify for 10% off their first order, the Referee must complete an order online or in branch worth £100 (ex. VAT) or more, redeeming the unique referral code during the checkout process.
- For the Referrer to qualify for the additional £5 (inc. VAT) BUILT/ voucher for every £100 (ex. VAT) their Referee spends in their first 30 days, the Referee must complete subsequent orders to the value of £100 (ex. VAT) or more within 30 days of registering. The unique referral code is not required in this instance.
- Referrers can refer as many friends as they like, subject to these terms.
- BUILT/ reserves the right to take any action it deems appropriate if it has reason to believe you have abused the Programme in any way.
- BUILT/ may cancel, withdraw or alter the Programme, including these Referral Terms, at any time without notice.
- Referees will receive their 10% discount instantly during checkout, provided they enter a valid referral code and spend £100 (ex VAT.) or more. Referral codes are redeemable online or in branch, are single use only, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional code. Discount applies only to items in the basket at the point of sale.
- Referrers will be rewarded with unique voucher codes at the start of each month, to the value of funds accumulated through successful use of their unique referral code over the previous 30-day period. All voucher codes from the Programme will be available in the ‘My Account’ area of www.built.co.uk. These voucher codes are redeemable online or in branch, are single use only, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional code. Each voucher code is set to expire 28 days after it’s generated.
- Referrer Rewards from the Programme will be generated as unique voucher codes only. No cash alternative is available.
Promotions and Offers
- All promotions & special offers exclude locked down and products already discounted
- Only applicable on in stock products
- Prices and availability may be subject to change without notice
- Only one offer or promotion can be used at a time
Spend & Save
- Each month a customer’s total spend is calculated on the last day of each month and will include any spend on any products within that month but excludes any delivery charges. All spend is calculated ex VAT.
- Based on the total monthly spend (ex VAT) the customer will receive a promotional code to use in the following month. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional codes and cannot be used on ‘locked down’ products or delivery charges. The discount is applied to ex VAT prices.
- We aim to issue all codes on the 1st working day of the month. The code is valid until the last day of month (e.g. issued on 1st Jan, expires 31st Jan)
- Your code will appear in the My Account area of the website
- The discount can be used multiple times within that month (until the code expires at the end of the month)
- The discount cannot be used in conjunction with another promotion
- The promotional code can be used online and in branch and on phone
- The discount code is non- transferrable and can only be used on the customer record that the spend relates to.
- If customer starts shopping mid month there is no pro rata calculation, but they are eligible if hit threshold spend in that first month e.g. if someone signs up 23rd May, but spends £4001 by 31st May, they are eligible for 10% discount in following month.
- We reserve the right to end the promotion at any stage without prior notice.
- This promotion is not available to Builders Merchants and we reserve to right to exclude any customer who we believe is operating as a secondary merchant.
- Any refunds will be deducted from the spend calculation. If the sale is at the end of the month and the refund occurs the following month, the refund will be taken into account in that month and the spend adjusted accordingly. I.e. Sale occurs in January and Refund occurs in February the refund will be deducted from Februarys spend.
- Any closed or cancelled orders will be deducted from the spend calculation.